What is Green Remodeling?
Green Building and Remodeling projects are sited, designed, constructed and operated to enhance the well-being of occupants, and to minimize negative impacts on the community and natural environment.
Green Building/Remodeling Projects:
- Promote/provide a healthier and more comfortable environment
- Improve long-term economic performance
- Incorporate energy and water efficient technologies
- Use recycled content such as windows and wood trim in their construction
- Reduce construction and demolition waste
- Bring higher resale value
- Incorporate landscaping for water and energy efficiency
- Include renewable energy technologies
- Improve indoor air quality
- Reduce environmental impact
- Are easier to maintain & built to last